Tuesday, July 27, 2010

By Chance

The world is aflutter with the news about newly launched, Chance.  When I clicked on the website, it almost made me cry.  Chance was created by Julia Leach, former EVP/Creative Director of kate spade.  I'm so very nostalgic about my days in New York, specifically my six years at kate spade.  I always felt as though Julia was my secret guardian angel.  She hired me when the first kate spade store was the size of a tiny broom closet on Thompson Street and was always a peaceful presence when I migrated to the corporate office.  Jay Chiat of Chiat Day was her mentor.  What she doesn't know, is that she was mine...because she took a chance on me.  And so it stands to reason that I feel proud of her new venture, not to mention that I'm in love with every aspect of it!  I'd like to think she named the sun hat after me (wink).  Congratulations, Julia!  xoxo      


Images via Thayer Gowdy & Lox Papers

3 comments:

Pretty Mommy said...

Oh! I love knowing that the woman behind such a beautiful line & website is a lovely person as well! Thanks for sharing!! Your blog is great - look forward to reading more ;)

Tiffany said...

You're so sweet! And I've been enjoying your blog as well. Just might need to order a sarong since I can no longer find mine. xo

pve design said...

WOWie! Love it!!
pve