Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Keepsakes


"Queen Victoria Dined On It"
**
"Princess Diana Delighted In It In Her Christmas Stocking"

It is none other than Herend.  And when I hear the word, I think of my mom, who has a small collection of their precious figurines.  I don't want to give you the impression that she is a nutty collector...she has them tastefully mixed in amongst her super fun (for a girl) dressing table.  When Stella was born, my mom, who Stella calls "Darling" (she came up with that all on her own - crazy cute, I know) gave her her very first Herend...a little pink bunny.  I know Stella will cherish it forever.       
My keepsakes aren't in porcelain form.  I have things in the kitchen that were passed down that I love every time I cook or bake.  Like a bowl with painted cherries on it or a glass pie dish.  They make me smile.  Do you have a treasured keepsake that was given to you that makes you smile? 

7 comments:

Robyn said...

I love the Herend bunny, but what caught my attention is the lovely music in the background of your blog. I didn't even know blogs could include music!!! I had to 'Shazam" it, then played it over and over.

Beth Dunn said...

That bunny is so cute!
xoxo
SC

Mo Pie, Please said...

Like you, I have kitchen objects that make me smile. When my grandmother passed away, I insisted on taking things from her kitchen because that's what I think about when I think of her. Her kitchen was so cute and she made such great food and loved doing it. I also have a ring of hers that she insisted was mine ever since I was 5. I wear it on special occassions so that I take her with me to all the important things in my life!

Farmchick said...

I have a child sized cast iron "sad iron" that my 95 yr old grandmother played with as a child. Such a treasure to me.

I love the bunny and the pattern on it is lovely.

birdie blue said...

love herend, super sweet especially the dinnerware. i'm all about keepsakes, love them. but like you, i like to keep the clutter to a minimum.

i've a vintage charm bracelet from my gram that i especially treasure, plus some vintage floral posies.


have a lovely day.
xo
~molly

SMB said...

Awe the bunny is precious!

My mom collects different kinds of china (like 7 sets, no joke). My fave is her spode christmas :) It's pretty mainstream now, but when she started collecting it wasn't. It just makes me smile thinking how excited she'd get opening the deviled egg plate or whatever my dad bought here that year!

This made me smile today- thank you!!

xoxo SMB

Bo Joplin said...

MOM does not want anymore, BUT I do!!!
I like all the colors, yellow, green, blue.....my treasured keepsakes: depression glasses (thanks to tiffany for starting that collection), janis joplin memorabilia, vintage cameras, broach collection, scarves, purses, ashtrays... I love to collect!