Friday, December 3, 2010

Award

The sweet Meagan of Mo Pie, Please wrote about me on her blog last week, awarding me a Stylish Blogger Award (thank you again, Meagan!).  I've often thought of how there are bloggers who have tons of followers and how there is no way they could feel a connection to the majority of their readers, which to me is such an important aspect of having a blog.  It may be silly for me to think I have a connection to y'all but I do and I'm thankful because you brighten my day!  Meagan definitely brightens my day and I love that part of this award is to share a little about yourself...7 random facts that you would not otherwise know.  So here it goes...

1  I really envision myself living in a New England coastal town where I ride my bike (with a basket) to a little shop/restaurant that I own and my husband is a lobsterman.  I think I love the movie The Love Letter with Kate Capshaw for this reason.  Speaking of lobsters, my husband and I have a tradition of having a lobster dinner at home every Valentine's Day.
2  I have a HUGE fear of flying, require Xanax, cry, pray, the whole 9 yards.  I'm worse than Kyle on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and yet can proudly say I've flown to Japan by myself.

3  I talk about things I love on here, so here are some things I don't care for...French manicures, indoor house plants (with very few exceptions), the color purple (but I'm slooooooowly coming around on this), over-the-top Southern accents, and Oprah.  

4  I buy things for dinner parties that I never have (china, crystal, etc.).  I vow to change that this coming year! 
5  In high school, I was a major "bow head"...
and the tradition lives on in Stella...
6  I've lived in the following states:  Texas, Connecticut, Louisiana, and New York.  Growing up, weekends were spent in Pass Christian, MS and summers in the FL panhandle.  Here are some images from the area in Louisiana that I grew up in (Mandeville/Covington)...
7  I'm addicted to TV, watch all kinds of shows but I do have one dirty little secret (two if you count Young & The Restless - can't believe I'm admitting that).  In the summer, I'm absolutely obsessed with Big Brother, which is so time consuming because it not only comes on 3 times a week but they also air 3 hours worth of live coverage on Showtime Too every single night.  I need therapy. 
I'm supposed to now award 7 bloggers who I think are also "stylish" but I think you all are! 
Have a wonderful weekend!  xoxo

{First image via; Bow image via; Last image scanned from archives - old kate spade postcard}

9 comments:

JMW said...

Great post! We all enjoy reading your blog as well. Love that you and your hubby have a lobster dinner every V-Day. And, I must admit, I was a bow-head in college. :)

Natalie said...

I have a huge fear of flying. I am way worse than Kyle and I made it to Germany. No small feat I had a panic attck in the Munich airport before takeoff and almost decided to stay and live their so I didn't have to fly back! Also love horrible tv! Congrats on your award!

Susie @ Maddie's Nest said...

This was fun. I was a a bow head well into college...sad to say. And, my daughter HATES bows. In fact today before school she said "Mommy, no bows and no pig tails today, please!" I also buy things for dinner parties that I never have (we always end up on the deck with everyday dishes). Flying....my husband is Australian so I have to fly long hauls a fair bit. Was easier with a cocktail or two but last time did the trip with an 18 month old and, thus, none of that...not so much....

Have a great weekend.

Julie Holloway said...

you are so stylish, darling

Bo Joplin said...

BOW HEAD!!! REALLY? tell me about it! remember my horrid bow wallpaper, the agony!I'm gonna do mine on my next blog....
la loo

Kate (Southern-Belle-Simple) said...

i, too, buy china for dinner parties that i never have....how about this.....let's host a party together, adorn our heads with bows and eat lobster until our bellies hurt? i won't wear purple or speak in my ovah thuh tawp suthurn drawwwwl.....sound good? ok then! love ya much ladybuggie! xoxo

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

kate, i love it. it's a date!

and i love reading all of these comments!!! xoxo

Tessa said...

I'm catching up on your old posts...we must be kindred spirits...while I don't envision my husband a lobsterman, I do envision us back on the East Coast -- Riding my bike with a big basket (which I do own and ride all over the town where I live, I just have to pretend the ocean is nearby.) This summer I rode into town to buy a bottle of wine and a baguette and stopped to clip some of my neighbor's hydrangeas (which they allow - don't worry) and riding back with my basket full, I kinda pretended I was back in Nantucket. AND...I wore bows all through high school and unfortunately my first year in college. I was the only one on campus with my bows and my corduroy shorts & tights. A little embarrassing now when I look back on it all...oh, and one more thing - the china buying for the parties you don't have -- ummm, yes, I have that problem too! :) Have a great weekend!! Xo, Tess

Cindy said...

I was a total bow head too! (I blame it on cheerleading.) And I love, love, love Big Brother and Y&R. Why in the world did Sharon go back to Adam?! Hmpf!