Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cork Board

I love watching TV curled up on the sofa in a dark living room where the only light is the dim glow of the Christmas tree (and a fire, which we just lit for the first time).  That's where you'll find me as I type this...   
On Saturday, while out and about with a friend, we talked about displaying children's artwork.  I told her how in my old house I bought a roll of cork to cover an entire wall in my office.  When we moved, it was the last thing to come down and it was like a stroll down memory lane as I removed pictures, postards, all sorts of nostalgic bits of my past.  Here is a shot of it when Stella was younger, although it doesn't capture how big the wall was.
And another shot probably a year later...
I think in this new house, I'll just settle for one of these...



8 comments:

Farmchick said...

I have to say that I truly love the entire wall filled with meaningful and inspirational images. I just might have to try this myself.

JMW said...

What a great idea for your office! I would love a space like that - especially the fur-lined chair. :) And, of course, Stella looks adorable in each shot.

homemade grits said...

thanks for stopping by! i LOVE the corkboard on the wall idea. genius! have a great week!

lesley

Nelle Somerville said...

That is where creativity goes to be born! Love that idea. Now, to talk my man into one in our new office! Love that!

Mo Pie, Please said...

Wow, this is amazing! Such great inspiration! Stella looks so cute and ready to be hard at work :)

nikki said...

Love the cork wall!!!!!!!!! So inspirational.

Roxy Te said...

Oh I adore organized inspiration! What's the use if all your lovely photos and clippings are in a shoebox, right? Thanks so much for stopping by My Cup of Te, Tiffany :) p.s. Just love your blog header!!

Paloma said...

wow what an incredible log of inspiration! the new options is lovely too :)