Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Color Purple

I know purple has been all the rage for a while but I am just now slowly coming around to it.  Well, at least this shade of it.  My husband had Stella with him when he ducked into a store at the mall recently and he asked her to pick a shirt out for him.  Of course, she chose the lavender one.  To my surprise, he bought it and I think he'll look so handsome in it, especially in the summer with a tan.  So I guess we're both branching out where purple is concerned. 
How about a dash of it with one of these frames?     
p.s. Susie from Maddie G Designs was also contemplating purple recently here


{Images 2, 3}

11 comments:

tonijoplin said...

Honey do you have any info on the beautiful wallpaper?

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

Oh, gosh...good question. It is beautiful, isn't it? I don't think it's ours. I'll ask around.

JMW said...

I do like shades of purple, perhaps more violet, yet I don't own anything in that color. Love the photo of Rachel McAdams - I would gladly take that entire outfit she's wearing!

Susie @ Maddie's Nest said...

I've decided that I am doing the Hinson wallpaper in Maddie's room and an going back and forth between lavender and pink for color.....decisions.

Hope you are well. Once my family is well and I have a nanny I am going to come in and meet you guys!

Mo Pie, Please said...

I love purple! It was one of my wedding colors - my flower girls wore lavender dresses and my bridesmaids carried lavender in their bouquets. It was all over the wedding actually, even on our cake and in the boutonniere's, etc. I love purple!

annechovie said...

Purple is a pleaser for sure! xx

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

Susie...I love that you're going to do it! I wish we still had them here; they're now next door at Brunshwig. But still come say hello, for sure!!! You wouldn't happen to know which wallpaper that is in the third pic?

Meagan...your wedding was so dreamy!!!!!

Your Southern Peach said...

I adore purple!!! My wedding was purple with mint green accents. :) Thanks for sharing these lovely photos and I LOVE that bathroom and the wallpaper too.

Paloma said...

such a cute story! i am definitely letting purple into my life a little these days...

Roxy Te said...

aww how cute! Daddy's little girl :)

Lisa said...

I love you Tiffany Sachs :)