Sunday, January 23, 2011

Random Weekend Thoughts

I love the concept of these egg muffins, especially the idea of putting the leftovers in twos in a Ziploc bag to heat and eat on-the-go.  I bought the silicone muffin pans from the dollar section at Target, thinking that if I made these in the shape of a heart, my picky eater might be more inclined to eat them. 
After brunch, I attended the memorial service of my sister's best friend's mother.  I probably would not normally write about this but Shelly was quite the shining star in Dallas. 
What I loved about her memorial was that it was in her home, so you could truly appreciate the beautiful world that she had created, and it was more like a celebration of her life than a sad affair.  The message of the celebration was...
I also want to take a moment to thank Rachel of Rachel Passing Notes for awarding me a Stylish Blogger Award.  I found her because I was immediately drawn to the name of her blog.  I love how Rachel likens blogging to passing notes amongst friends.  I have found blogging to be a wonderful sisterhood and am happy to have found her in the sea of blogs!  Oh, and thanks to her, I made this recipe for Citrus Bow Tie Pasta last night and loved it - it'll be especially wonderful in the summer!   

8 comments:

Rachael said...

So happy to have found your blog as well! Those egg muffins look delicious. Oh and I'm thinking about the yellow bench!

Kalliemack said...

We are going to make these little muffies this week, thank you for posting!

Tiffany from HOLIDAY said...

About the egg muffins...it doesn't call for cream and I wonder if it should b/c I didn't like the texture (although, my husband didn't mind it). Maybe we should have used less egg and more cheese? I'm going to try it again but tweak it. I'll be interested to hear if y'all try them what you think.

Farmchick said...

These egg muffins do look good!

Kelly said...

okay...so you do bake alot. you can bring some to me, i wont tell :)
"all you is need is love" ... my favorite song, and such the perfect words...
xoxo

Celeste said...

Egg muffins look so good! Where did you find the recipe?!

Mrs. Kindergarten said...

What a wonderful celebration of a woman. Your egg muffins look de~lish!

Love,
Mrs. Kindergarten

Tessa said...

I've never heard of egg muffins, but they look so scrumptious! A bit like a souffle, maybe? I need to look up a recipe and give them a whirl. Thanks for the idea.