Tuesday, March 1, 2011

China Cabinet

When I need to take a little break during the day, I run around the corner from my office where there are a handful of antique and thrift shops.  Sometimes it's just nice to roam up and down the aisles and other times, like today, I found some treasures.  I got this set of 4 plates that mixes in nicely with my Kate Spade and Wedgwood china...
and this painting...
I couldn't wait to get home and arrange them in my cabinet.
I love an unframed painting every once in a while so I think I'll leave this one be.  What about you...do you prefer a more finished look and frame all of your paintings?

6 comments:

Anchor Cottage said...

Strawberry Thief is one of my favorite patterns. Good find.

JMW said...

Love the pattern on those dishes - great choice! We have some original paintings by a local artists and prefer to hang them sans frame. Something about the canvas on the wall that I really like.

Evie said...

I love that painting! I have a whole bunch of my mom's paintings hanging on my walls without frames.

Tessa said...

pretty, pretty, pretty!!! love an unframmed painting mixed in, especially among your lovely china collection!!

Tessa

ps. my mum was quick to correct me...those were not osh kosh overalls in my old pictures - they came from denmark! we hadn't moved to the US yet when those pics were taken. they sure look like oshkosh though!!

Alena said...

Love the plates you found!! Such a great find. Love seeing others china. I'm obsessed :)

industrial mat said...

That painting is marvelous, I have a whole bunch of my mom's paintings hanging on my walls without frames. It needs to much caring, really great find.