Monday, March 21, 2011

Easy Enchiladas

I think I just found heaven in a pouch.  I've seen Frontera products at Whole Foods before but did not make the connection that it's Rick Bayless's line.  Always looking for short cuts for weekday dinners, I picked up this enchilada sauce.  I just followed the recipe on the back, adding chicken and using reduced-fat cheese...it bakes for only 15 minutes...and then I added scallions and cilantro on top once done.  I paired it w/ a simple salad while my husband made some rice for his side.  This is now a new, easy favorite, the sauce was so delish!  It makes 4 enchiladas, although, you could probably squeeze out 1 more and really, you could fill your enchiladas with so many options.   

7 comments:

Pinecone said...

That looks so yummy!! I am always looking for new ideas on the cooking front.
Have a great Monday!
xo
Ashlyn

Susie @ Maddie's Nest said...

Oh, this is a good tip...I am always looking for quick weeknight dinners as that time is the witching hour around our house. This lemon chicken is on my weekly rotation and is divine and so easy!

http://www.barefootcontessa.com/recipes.aspx?RecipeID=443

The next day I pull the skin off and use the leftovers for curry chicken salad on crossaints.

Nelle Somerville said...

Very cool. I didn't go to any of his places in Chicago. Next time for sure. Hope you are well. I've been a little MIA with crazy work schedule. Always feel like I miss my blog buddies when I'm working so hard. xoxo

LLH Designs said...

This sounds delish! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. It's always fun to make new blog friends. Based on the things you love listed at the top of your blog, we have lots in common! :)

Have a great week!
Linsey

Town and Country Gals said...

Tiffany,
I'm addicted to mexican food and that sounds yummy! Looks like you had a great trip to Florida! How fun to get to go to Seaside! The beach, the water, the weather, lucky you! Your daughter is adorable!
Rebecca

Holli said...

Thanks for posting about this.... I'm going to go get it today!!

Rachael said...

So excited to go find these at the store!! Love enchiladas. Thanks for sharing :)