Thursday, April 14, 2011

Long Way Home

I'll be hitting the road for my 20th reunion.  I am experiencing a mix of emotions and I suppose it doesn't help that I've been playing songs such as Supertramp's Take The Long Way Home. 
I've received two bits of great advice lately that have helped.  One was when I complained that I wished I had lost more weight before the big event.  My friend, Lindsi, responded, " Shoulda woulda coulda... You just rock your fabulousness and have a blast!"  Loved it!     

Then I was boo-hooing to my mom about how overwhelmed I am by my To Do list between the reunion, Passover, Easter, Stella's birthday, my husband's birthday, a cousin's college graduation, and Mother's Day all taking place back-to-back.  I'm going to pencil into my schedule a good cry a la Holly Hunter in Broadcast News.  My mom told me to take a deep breath and only focus and tackle one event at a time.  Good advice, as I had just returned from the store where I had raced out to get Easter basket goodies so I didn't have to rush when we returned from our trip.  It might sound like simple advice but words of wisdom I needed to hear!  Needless to say, I can't wait to kick up my heels!  But maybe not quite like this...I'd win Most In Need Of Help if we had a Superlatives Award at the reunion.  Laissez les bons temps rouler!  


8 comments:

Mo Pie, Please said...

Aww! Take a deep breath, Tiffany! You can do it! I love that there is Supertramp playing as I type this.

Have fun at your reunion! My 10 year is this year but I'm on the fence about going.

Pinecone said...

Great post Tiffany! I love the Broadcast News reference. I just watched that again the other night. It's great how she just needs to cry for a few minutes every day and then she can go back to what she needs to do!! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate at the moment...so it's no wonder you're feeling that way.
I hope you have a fab time at the reunion...love what your friend said about losing weight! At least it seems to be universal...we all want to lose weight before any big event.
Anyway definitely kick up your heels!
xo
Ashlyn

JMW said...

Tiffany, have an amazing time! Your mom gives good advice - kick your heels up and enjoy. I'm going to miss my 20th this summer because it coincides with our vacation. And I really NEED a vacation! I'm with you on feeling overwhelmed with everything coming down the pike - do the best you can and breathe deeply. :)

Beth Dunn said...

Have fun at your reunion. You'll dazzle
xoxo
SC

The enchanted home said...

Deep breaths. and a little wine:) Seriously, I am like you..major multi tasker..I can do it all! However in my wiser years..I am realizing you gotta take the time to stop and smell the roses..and I am truly learning the art and it IS an art of "taking it ONE day at at time" I don't look at tomorrow anymore and never look at yesterday anymore, I enjoy and live for today. Its quite liberating.....and it really does allow you to focus on the here and now. The truth is at the end of the day, it all somehow someway gets done. So relax it will all work out!

Tessa said...

Have a fabulous time! Mine is next year! 20 years, doesn't seem possible, does it! I've been thinking about you this week - i'm addicted to the Enchilada sauce in a pack, thanks to you. I've had it for lunch 4 days in a row, and i'm still craving it!
Good advice above from the Enchanted Home! I needed to read that too! :)
xo,
Tessa

Rachael said...

Ohhhh have a fabulous time! Can't wait to hear about it :)

Katie said...

I was so glad to see you and only wish we could have talked and laughed more! Thank you for writing this because some photos of me have been tagged on Facebook this morning and I was really down- "I look so fat!" So, I am glad to read that it isn't just me and am trying to rock with my own fabulousness, too! Life is too short and we should focus on our beautiful sweet children and cutie pie hubbies (which I didn't even get to talk to yours)! ;)