Thursday, June 23, 2011

Gnomes

When I was younger, I somehow acquired the Gnomes book and loved it. 
I wish I knew where it wound up...it was probably confiscated because I think I recall some risque business going down between some frisky gnomes.  I was surprised to read years later that it was the book that put Martha Stewart's ex-husband, Andy, on the publishing map.  I really should buy an old copy from Amazon.  I thought of this book when I saw this children's bedroom.  I would have been in imagination heaven had this been my room!

{via}

6 comments:

JMW said...

Can you imagine having such a room as a child? How wonderful! My kids were watching "Gnomeo & Juliet" the other day - such a cute movie!

Evie said...

frisky gnome business...hahaha...I'm going to be laughing all day...

And yes I love gnomes too, but not because of my new found knowledge of their friskiness.

Kalliemack said...

oh my gosh I love gnomes... when Josh and I were doing the backyard I told him all I want is gnomes... I got 2 for mothers day!

Town and Country Gals said...

Tiffany,
How funny! I have the same book, got it back in the day. I don't remember any "friskines" will have to go look. That room is fabulous!
That's a lucky child to be able to call that "my room"!
Rebecca

Mo Pie, Please said...

I think it might have ended up in my stepbrothers house - I bought him a used/vintage copy for Christmas a few years back because him and I shared a room in college for our weekend visits home and he had it decked out with gnomes to a) creep me out and b) make me laugh. I was a gnome for Halloween this last year!

Brandi said...

I had that Gnomes book I believe as well!