Thursday, June 9, 2011

Perfect Mantel Display

I have a really long mantel above our fireplace and have had some difficulty trying to figure out what to put on it.  Part of the reason is I don't like the mirror we have hanging above it so I'm on the lookout for the perfect one.  But the other reason is that I don't like overly contrived, staged looks.  I want it to feel personalized.  I have finally found some inspiration in Wayne Pate's mantel in his Brooklyn apartment.  Minus the zebra and hippo, I think this is a perfect display.

7 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Love the dispaly too..very elegant, but agree with you on the zebra head, that I would not be able to handle!

Susie @ Maddie's Nest said...

Love it, this is one area where I always run into trouble! Agree on the zebra. Lately I've had several woman asking for help with Zebra hides...kinda creeps me out....poor things!

Pinecone said...

Yup the hippo and zebra look a little strange up there, but the rest of it is gorgeous!!
xo
Ashlyn

Evie said...

haha I actually kinda like the zebra and hippo...but then again I am heavily drugged on cough syrup at the moment...

Sundresses and Smiles said...

Oh, I love it! Those flowers are gorgeous and I kinda like the zebra!

Cayenne Paper said...

Love it, but you're right- the hippo and zebra would creep me out. Those tulips are gorgeous and I love the personal feel of the mismatched frames. What a pretty mantle!

By the way, I guess I can say I'm officially head over heels for Stella Bella as I stole her photo and put it here: http://cayenne-paper.blogspot.com/2011/06/new-love.html

Can I just put her in my pocket and take her home? ;) You can come, too! xoxo

Tessa said...

i love a slightly cluttered mantle too. on ours at the moment? candles, paintings, blue and white jars, an etching with a broken frame and missing glass, a play dough birds nest, my mother's day card/artwork, and a few flowers about 4 days past there peak. ok, maybe that's bit too cluttered! :)