Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pierre Deux Ballet Bag

Stella will soon be starting her first dance class.  Seriously, what is cuter than those itsy bitsies and their jelly bean bodies in pink leotards and tights?  I'm already tearing up over the thought of her recital!
I needed to get her a small bag to carry her ballet and tap shoes and clothes but wasn't finding anything that I was loving.  Then today I went to the sample sale at Pierre Deux's showroom.  If you haven't heard the sad news, they have filed for bankruptcy and shuttered all locations, only to reopen for the next 6 - 9 weeks to sell off their merchandise.  All Connecticut homes decorated in the 80's are crying...can you hear them?  I'm actually a little nostalgic over their infamous fabrics...my mom had the most adorable wicker sofa that had cushions upholstered in one of their navy floral numbers.  So when I spotted a bag in a very similar fabric, I had to get it!  Since my mom will be taking Stella to her dance classes every Monday, it only seemed fitting.    
If you aren't in a city that has a Pierre Deux showroom, prices have been cut on their website and there is a clearance section, too.  You'll just need to scroll on down past the legal notice and click on the tab at the bottom of the page.  Happy stroll down memory lane!  Don't you think you need to nab a little bit of history before it's gone?  
   
 

9 comments:

Your Southern Peach said...

I always said if I was blessed with a little girl that she'd be a ballerina! There is nothing more precious.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to settle for T-Ball and Karate and hope for a granddaughter one day :)

Susie @ Maddie's Nest said...

I drove by there the other day and was wondering how they were planning to sell everything off....good to know. BTW, Maddie did a ballet camp this summer at PCBC through Dancing Angels. She freaked when they came into the room full of people to do their recital and proceeded to dance in front of my seat. I was so sad she wouldn't get up with the other girls but she couldn't have cared less....sigh.

JMW said...

Your comment about Connecticut homes in the '80s cracked me up! My daughter has taken ballet for the last two years and my mother-in-law always took her. Such great memories. Yes, you will tear up when you see those cuties in their recital frocks. :)

annechovie said...

I love ballet for little girls and Pierre Deux.....love it that you bought a PD ballet bag for her. Perfect! Can't wait to see Stella in her ballet outfit...too cute! xo

Mo Pie, Please said...

Oh my gosh, you're going to have so much fun watching her dance! Yay!

tonijoplin said...

I can't wait to watch Stella grow up in the dance studio like we all did!! My little tuti in a tutu!!!
I cried when I registered her, can you imagine us at her first recital?????

Town and Country Gals said...

Tiffany,
How exciting, you are going to love her in dance! The recitals are so fun,(and emotional)! My daughter took dance also but so did my son, she was 6 and he was
8. (He only did it cuz she wanted him to go with her). He was the only boy and their recital dance was "Stayin Alive", he was in a white suit and all the girls danced to him. It was fabulous, they got a standing ovation. He only did it that 1 year but she stayed in till she was about 12.
Enjoy this time! It goes by so fast!
Rebecca
P.S. You must save her first pink slippers and tap shoes! I still put Kate's on the xmas tree.

annie said...

That little bag is so cute and perfect for a ballet bag. I had not heard that Pierre Deux was closing its stores...I can hardly believe it...I lived near the one in Westport, CT which was one of their newer stores. That is so sad...

Tessa said...

i love that you bought her a pierre deux bag! so sweet!! yes, sad news for PD, but french country seems to have fallen out of favor a bit and their style didn't seem to evolve at all, so i wasn't all that surpirsed. they did have gorgeous fabrics though. love you new blog design!!!
xo, Tessa