Sunday, September 18, 2011

Random Weekend Thoughts

The summer may be over but we're still breaking all the rules.  Stella asked for heart-shaped pancakes for dinner and I said OK.  Why not?


I'd love to say that Stella eats what we eat but that is not reality.  I have a serious picky eater and I'm happy if she just eats.  So while she had pancakes, we made this delicious and easy sweet bison chili in the crockpot.  This recipe is a keeper!  If you're not so keen on the sweet part, just omit the honey (we added less than what was called for).  So happy I forgot Fritos since I'm laying low on carbs right now.  I would not have been able to resist them.  I highly recommend the guac, though! 


After dinner, I lit some candles
(just bought this big hurricane lantern at Pierre Deux's final days sale),


 grabbed a magazine that made me giddy for fall,


and watched The Emmy's.  Thrilled that Mildred Pierce was nominated so much and that Kate Winslet won for her role - it was such a great movie! 





6 comments:

Beth Dunn said...

I adore that mag and loved the Emmy's!
xoxo
SC

Susie @ Maddie's Nest said...

At least she ate, right? Maddie will seriously only eat PB&J....it makes me sick to make it I have made so many. Oh and cream of wheat....that is another thing we are obsessed with.

Chili looks good....I am starting back the heathy eating today!

Holli said...

That looks really good..... yum!

The Southland Life said...

i loved that movie too! kate winslet is awesome! your little girl is precious!!! and im soooo excited for fall and pumpkins!!!

Farmchick said...

I just received that same magazine a few days ago and am enjoying it immensely!

Tessa said...

big, HUGE, kate winslet fan!! love your new hurricanes!! and seeing a few more peaks into your home. so pretty! i wasn't 13 posts behind after all, darn google reader, only 4, whew, i feel better about that!! xo