Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fair Day

The Texas State Fair is infamous for creative fried concoctions such as fried bubblegum, fried butter, fried chicken fried bacon, fried beer, fried coke...are you sufficiently grossed out yet?  This year, we had to start off with a Fletcher's Corny Dog, which is pretty much the only reason I ever want to attend the fair.  Once every 5 years is good for me because I don't do well in heat or crowds.  We also tried the fried kraut balls, which were actually good, and the best...fried cheesecake.  Needless to say, I have a fried hangover.  (10: the number of times I typed the word, "fried"). 














 


6 comments:

Town and Country Gals said...

Tiffany,
Looks like that was a lot of fun! I just was at a town wide yard sale and saw fried butter. Tell me, what in the world do you do with and how do you eat Fried Butter???? I'm with you, it does sound Gross unless there is something I'm missing!
Rebecca

birdie blue said...

looks like the perfect day at the fair.

xo
molly

JMW said...

Texas has the most amazing state fair! A few years ago, a couple of us from work attended a conference in Dallas and the organizers took us to the state fair one evening. Quite the experience! Stella's facial expressions are adorable. :)

Holli said...

you took some fantastic photos... i love these! totally captures the day!

nikki said...

Love the expression on Stella's face when she is on the ride!!!!


Looks like a super fun day!!!

Evie said...

I just went to the NC state fair and had fried veggies, fried mac and cheese, and to top off my calorie intake...a fried snickers bar. Yup. I did that.

Also, your ferris wheel totally kicks our ferris wheel's ass.