Monday, October 3, 2011

Random Weekend Thoughts

This weekend could not have been any better.  We kicked it off with a birthday dinner of escargot, trout, and a chocolate souffle.  On Saturday, we hit up the park in this gorgeous weather, I found an alabaster lamp at an estate sale for $30 for my tiny home office, bought Stella's Halloween costume, and we spent hours in the yard repainting our white picket fence and planting hydrangeas.  I also made a lasagna for an old high school friend who just had a baby and I caught up on some blog reading and recorded shows (secretly loving Sarah Michelle Geller's Ringer on the CW). 
Oh, and hung up this cute brass door knocker
that I'm in love with.
 




 


6 comments:

Farmchick said...

I adore that lamp.

Susie @ Maddie's Nest said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend. We packed all weekend but made time for the school auction and our neighbors had us over for lasagna. There was an estate sale on our block this weekend and it was a zoo......

JMW said...

Cheers to you on being so productive! Love weekends like that - fun, yet you can check sooo much off your list. Can't say I was equally productive, but it was a good weekend. But, as always, far too short!

Town and Country Gals said...

What a lovely fall weekend you had! LOVE your door knocker! How cute is it!
I didn't get much done this weekend because I have my BF in town from Cal, wev'e been friends since 7th grade! Spent last evening at Wildhorse Saloon in Nashville haveing dinner, listening to the band and learning how to line dance, does that count as being productive?
Rebecca

birdie blue said...

sounds like the perfect weekend, tiffany. love the new lamp (!), the new knocker, and i'm dying to know what miss stella is going to be for halloween?

something fabulous, i'm sure.

have an excellent week, my friend.
xo
molly

Pinecone said...

Sounds like a pretty great weekend. I hope Stella found the perfect costume!!
I love that you have a white picket fence...and hydrangeas - that sounds so lovely.

Also, Happy Birthday girl!!!
xo
Ashlyn