Monday, December 5, 2011

Tree Skirt

What do you use as your tree skirt?  I have one that I like that is cream satin with pale green felted birds on it.  But I like to switch it up and sometimes use a big piece of fabric, like I've done this year with a Jane Churchill linen.  I may have mentioned before that one of my favorite skirts I've used was a vintage Escada ball gown in peach plaid with tulle underneath. 



We've had an extra fun time decorating the house this year since we'll be one of three houses hosting a progressive party with our neighbors this weekend.  I decided to dig out some of my matchbooks from years ago and put them on the bar.  No time like the holidays to be a little quirky.   





6 comments:

Town and Country Gals said...

Tiffany,
your tree looks lovely and I do like your skirt! I have some that match my different sets of stockings but I use a very large, vintage embroidered white linen tablecloth that I got from my next door neighbor back in the 70's after she passed away. Her daughter had a yard sale and I was lucky enough to get it for a few dollars. I'll be posting it with my tree soon. Hope you're haveing a wonderful holiday season!
Rebecca

JMW said...

You always have the best ideas! When we were first married, I had nothing but an old, red duvet that I used as a tree skirt. I then went and purchased a skirt the following year, but now I want something different, less traditional.

The enchanted home said...

Beautiful....love the skirt! The colors are just so rich and beautiful!

Jennifer said...

You are so clever - love the idea of the ball gown! And of course you had one handy! Also such a great idea to put out your matchbooks - hard to come by these days. Your tree looks beautiful! xo J

Tessa said...

why have i never thought to use fabric. why???!!! i have so much that i buy with the best of intentions. hmmmmm... to move my gifts and redo it or wait till next year? i love you matchbox collection out on display too. progressive dinners - so fun, especially at Christmas time.
xo, T

Sundresses and Smiles said...

GORGEOUS tree!! It is my boyfriend's and my first Christmas together and we've decorated our tree--I've been planning to stop by the fabric store and get a big piece of fabric for the skirt as well!