Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year

I am sooooooooo looking forward to this new year, bursting with opportunity.  I personally don't set resolutions but this year I do have a creative goal in mind that I hope to achieve by year end.  An old co-worker of mine just posted on her blog that one of her resolutions was to stop comparing herself to others as it really does a number on your self-esteem.  Wow.  I couldn't agree more.  We both worked at a company where many of our friends and colleagues have gone on to create their own piece of wonderfulness in the world.  I told her that this year, instead of letting it bum me out a little, I'm going to let it inspire me.  So here's to 2012!  The best is yet to come!  xo

7 comments:

JMW said...

What a great sentiment. I'm guilty of comparing myself with others - be it their homes, clothes, careers, etc. - and all it does is make me sour. I need to turn that feeling inside out. Sounds like you have something great in store for 2012. Can't wait to hear more about it!

Pinecone said...

It is really hard not to compare sometimes - guilty as charged! I hate when I get in moods like that - so I definitely like your idea.
Happy New Year to you and your family.
xo
Ashlyn

Michelle a.k.a. Farmchick said...

Some wise words here! I do hope you achieve your goals!

Susie @ Maddie's Nest said...

Happy New Year....great advice/goal for sure. It is so hard not to constantly compare, isn't it? I am sure you will reach your goals!

Your Southern Peach said...

I have the utmost of confidence in you my friend! Happy New Year!

annechovie said...

Great point, Tiffany! Happy New Year! xo

Tessa said...

cheers to 2012!! i do hope your business endeavor dreams come true. you will be brilliant!! you've got such great taste {which i think is so similar to my own, so by complimenting you, i suppose i'm complimenting myself. oh dear, modesty escapes me! :) haha!!}
xo, tess