Friday, February 17, 2012

Queen Lip Tar

I'm a red lipstick kind of girl.  But ever since Laura Mercier discontinued Pink Grape {as worn by Gwyneth Paltrow in A Perfect Murder} years ago, I've yet to find another perfect shade.  In all honesty, I haven't even tried.  I love the shade used below on J Crew's models, Queen by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics.  I rarely buy things over the Internet that I can't test drive but the sound of this "lip tar" sounds intriguing...

Tar combines the longevity of a lipstick, with the ease of application of a gloss. Goes on slick and moist, and dries down to a satin finish.

I've never put anything in my cart and purchased fast enough!  Do you wear red?  Have you found THE perfect one? 
 

{via}

2 comments:

Nelle Somerville said...

My French exchange student gave me my very first tube of red called Tres Tres Dior. It was perfection and lasted forever! I found a No. 7 at Target that is also awesome. Will look up the name. Love reds. xoxo

Jennifer C. Webb said...

as a child I used to laugh at my Mother putting on her red lipstick even to go to the gas station...with matching rich girl red nail polish. Mother like daughter...I'm now never without my red lipstick. You can't swim out of your gene pool I guess.

I love Chanel's russet moon, Bobbi Brown roseberry...hope to try lip tar. Love that name